View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I've survived much worse than what's going on but I just feel like complaining, so indulge me lol. I've had a sore throat for almost a week now and I thought it was just allergies. The pain kept me awake until 4 this morning When I got up this morning I got a flashlight and checked it out and (warning: icky stuff ahead) my left tonsil had ruptured. I don't handle medical things or blood & guts very well, and it was a pretty nasty sight. I got super lightheaded and laid down on the couch for awhile, then drove myself to an urgent care clinic. Over a span of 3.5 hours, they told me I have strep and gave me two shots in the butt. Not thrilling. I had to lie down again after those because I got super lightheaded. Now I'm home, waiting for my prescriptions (all three of them?!) to be filled, just feeling plum sorry for myself. I wanted to go home tomorrow, too. I still might, even though the doctor said I probably should just be taking things easy. I just want to be home! Especially when I'm sick. Woe is me