View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for all of the posts! Since I've been getting a few PMs about other nationals that arent NPC sororities, I'd just like to mention that if we did affiliate with a national chapter the university specifies that it must be an NPC sorority. My university will no longer be allowing sororities on campus that are not members of NPC due to liability. They've also told us that if we didn't vote to merge we would probably be asked to merge or leave campus in a few years

Our greek life advisor has told us everything she knows about the merging/ extension process. My university hasn't extended since 1989 so she's never been a part of the extension process and has absolutely no clue about the process of merging a local.

Another question I forgot to ask: How big are sorority colonies usually? We currently have around 50 members in my local chapter (will probably drop by 10 or so if we vote to merge) and some girls are concerned with recruiting more founding mothers. Also, some girls are concerned that since quota of the NPC sororities has been around 60 new members per sorority in fall recruitment leading to a total of around 125 that we would be expected to raise our numbers to 100-125 in our first year of recruitment. While I highly doubt this would be the case, could anyone say that it would be? Thanks again for all of your help!