View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know what campus you're on, but based on the fact that you're already two weeks in, I would guess that it's a school with a large Greek scene with large chapters. This also makes me think that your entire chapter can't be boring.

Keep in mind that recruitment can be a weird time. Certain chapters have it DOWN and other chapters struggle a bit making connections. But remove yourself from that insanity and look at the actual chapter. Have you reached out to anyone to try and connect? Have you asked some of your pledge sisters out to lunch? You may be surprised to find that there are other new members who are feeling the same way as you. There are others who are struggling to find their place and be happy.

Hang out with as many sisters as possible, go to as many events as you can, find sisters who share your major and ask them for help or to study with them, and completely immerse yourself in all things sorority. As others have said, I would encourage you to stick it out, at least up until initiation, and if you're still not feeling it, then drop. Because you can't argue that you're not enjoying yourself if you don't at least try.

Just keep in mind that membership is for a lifetime. You're a sophomore now, so you have only three years as a collegiate member. I know you can't understand it now, but membership as an alumna is such a rewarding experience, and many will argue that it's better than membership as a collegian.

And the one thing that always holds true with sorority membership, whether you're a collegian or an alumna, is that you only get out of it what you put into it.

@~/~~~~