View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Walking the Line...

Quote:
Originally posted by ladygreek
Responding to the topic at hand:
1) hand/arm signs are a relatively recent phenomenum and unofficial. So any rules applied to them are also unofficial. But I understand the intent of not dissing another orgs sign.

2) Not touching nalia? So if I have on a DST shirt I can't hug somebody?

Marquise says: I would like to believe you have more common sense then that... I can't tell if you pretend to be that ignorant or if you are.

3)What do you mean by national/ regional songs? Our offical songs are not to be done at a party anyway.

Marquise says: Explained it. But really would your hymn every be played at a college party? And why in the hell would someone stroll to a hymn, especially one belonging to another organization???

4) But it is okay to argue with them or point out their fallacies on a public message board?

Marquise says: LG if this was law you would have been locked up by now.

5) I am a DST. Nothing wrong with that.

Marquise says: Just like the Sigma Lady pointed out earlier, it is improper to address someone by a nickname if you are not familiar with them. But I guess different strokes for different folks.

6) Any don't do steps for the sororities?

Marquise says: Sorry!!! Only Duck Walk if you're a Delta, Ivy Walk or put up the mirror only if you're an AKA, Sigma Shake if you're an SGRho (a cute knock off of the Kappa Shimmy), and only Dove Clap if your a Zeta.

7) I do agree that only my sorors should call me that.

8) I wear a pinky ring and an ankle bracelet all the time and somtimes I even put on a necklace, a pin, or a t-shirt. And at a chapter retreat we are naliaed down. What is more important is wearing 'nalia in good taste.

Marquise says: Again this is a regional thing. In the south (especially FL) wearing more than one piece of pari will get you questioned or ridiculed.
Folrida???
= Because you're a semester too late
= Because you love to imitate

Last edited by marquise1911; 05-03-2006 at 10:31 AM.