View Single Post
Old 10-02-2000, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AXO Alum:
Not with your attitude & language, no!
I thought it was a relatively lucid post.

Quote:
I can appreciate seeing the beauty within, but wearing ratty clothes to a job interview won't get you very far!
Absolutely not, I agree. The point is, a sorority and a job interview are completely different. You're trying to compare apples and oranges. Yes, a company looks at appearance as well as ability, but a GLO shouldn't be concerned with appearance and professionalism nearly as much as a big corporation with a public image to protect. What public image does a sorority have to protect? The image that college age 18-22 year olds have? With corporations, priority 1 is image, priority 2 is ability. With a sorority, if you keep those same priorities, what do you have? A bunch of eye candy with no real agenda to further a cause. And then where will you be?

Quote:
As for wearing whites, blacks, blues, greens, etc, why do you even care? You aren't in a sorority/fraternity for women so leave us be!
So males are not allowed to participate in female-oriented discussions in order to gain understanding into the femail Greek experience? I thought my post made a farily lucid point, but I digress.

Quote:
You obviously weren't posting in peace while trying to learn like the majority of us on here do!
How so? Not an attack; merely a question.

Quote:
We're super happy that you don't care about image - now go have a sprite!
I can't tell if dealing with you is hard because you're angry at my alleged posting of "secrets", or if it's just because you're some stuck-up sorority girl trying to vainly relive her glory days vicariously through undergraduates.

You probably should have gotten hazed more.