View Single Post
Old 07-09-2004, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to twhrider13
The sororities at my school (Jax State) don't have houses, but we each have our own floor in Sparkman, an all-women's dorm. The 2nd-6th floors are sorority floors, and independents live on the 1st and 7th-9th floors. We live on the 6th floor.

Our chapter was chartered in March of 1977; this incident happened shortly thereafter, but I'm not sure of the exact date or anything. One of our charter members, whose first name was Christy, was a long-distance runner who got up at 6:00 every morning to run.

One morning, she got up at her usual time to go run. It was a foggy morning, and sometime between 6:00, when she left, and 8:00, when she was found, she was hit by a car. It was a hit-and-run, and no one knows if she was killed instantly, or if she could've been saved had the driver stopped and called for help. Even after an extensive investigation, the driver was never found.

Anyway, all the sisters who have lived on the hall (I haven't yet) swear that Christy roams our hall wearing her white initiation dress. They also claim that the typical ghostly things happen from time to time--doors slamming, footsteps when no one is there, etc. Nothing "bad" has ever really happened to any of the girls who have lived on the hall since then, so we've all pretty much decided that Christy simply watches over us. I've never seen her, but I'll be living on the hall this fall and spring, so I guess I'll just have to see what happens.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited by twhrider13; 07-09-2004 at 11:14 PM.