View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 02:16 AM
GreekChat Member

BOY Oh Boy do I have alot to say in responce to everyone. I was just asking questions for help and feel like I was a little attacked and judged. MissCherryPie thank you for your great advice and for being supportive of what I am trying to do. Blue Skies thank you I will deff being checking that out. AmIBLue you don't know my situation so please don't judge me I am very good at time management and it takes a strong women to be able to do it all but trust me I make it work and could and still can handle anything time wise thrown my way. ColdinCanada11 I do not know what junior league is and as far as money goes yes there are other things I can spend my money on but my daughter is very well taken care of I pay for school by myself and all my bills are payed and never once been late. So finance wise I could have and still can afford it without taking away from any other responsibiltys. Irishlake my school is a commuter school with people of all different age groups. And for me its not about being around 18-20 year olds it doesnt matter someones age in this world their are oppuntunties to be friends with and learn something from people of all ages. I know your just asking questions but I feel like I am being super judged. Yes I can afford it yes i can make the time without taking away from other commitments and responbilties. If anything being a mom is an advantage because I know time management I know commitment I know what it means to be the women who as ive said before does it all. As a mom I take on ten jobs at once daily taking on an 11th I could do it. When you want something bad enough you find a way. btw I agree with this complety How you overcome and deal with disappointment is what defines your character. Tpa85 kids would be allowed at some meetings as there were in the soriety for moms that was started at the other school. I do not know why they dissolved so I can't speak on that but as Ive stated many times I know juggling things would be hard but its not undoable. Thetalady I do believe I was discriminated against because I wasn't even given a chance to show that I could handle it all. The soroity that was started before for moms lasted for a few years and although small in members it did thrive I know this because Iv'e done some reasearch why it disvolved tho I do not know. AnotherKD no such thing as dumb questions. I never said it would be only for moms if you go back and read what I said it says I would not discrimante against anyone. Yes it would be primarly for moms but if non moms wanted to join they would be more then welcome. Dubasis your right I don't want to be a part of a traditional soroity. I don't want to be part of something where girls are judgmental and discriminate against people. That is why I want to start my own where people are lifted up regaudrless of their situation. And how dare you suggest I try a grown up alertnative I take that kinda offensive even if you had no bad intentions behind it. ElvisLover Like I asked ColdinCanada11 I am not sure what junior leagues are. To all those who said they were sorry this didn't work me thank you for that. I just want to do something to be involved and support other women in a sisterhood. I feel like most of you as well as the girls who didn't accept me as a member view being a mom and being older as a bad thing. When it doesn't have to be that way. As I mentioned before being a mom can be benefical and being older only means I have maturity and maybe theres something i could bring to the table and teach and inspire the younger girls. I just wanted a chance. but being I didn't get that I want to start my own group and with the help of greek members on here or not it's something i plan on trying to proceed with because I believe all women should have the chance to experince bonding and a sisterhood.