Thread: NPHC Question
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2002, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I had never heard of the Iotas until 99. My best friend mentioned them to me (he went to Hampton). Then I met some of them in Florida, and I was THUROUGHLY impressed!! They are real, respectful, and have love for everybody, so why hate? I mean, the founders of Iota Phi Theta created their fraternity to suit THEIR particular vision and fit with THEIR particular goals, which ALL NPHC and NPC organization were founded for. If everyone just settled for what was out there even if it wasn't exactly FOR THEM, there would be only 1 soroity and one fraternity. If it wasn't about individual choices and goals, that Kappa would have had to settle to be an Alpha, because his founders would have just joined the bandwagon instead of forming something that fits closer to their hearts, so I don't know where he gets off hating. Just because they were not founded in the first 2 decades of the 1900s does not negate their validity, viability and worthiness of respect. I have absolutely no problem with them or any other organization. I say, do your thing, and I'll do mine. Just because they don't coincide does not mean I'm going to hate, I'm going to congratulate!!

I just hate uneccessary hatin!!!