View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB View Post
I would argue that most recs are probably full of sweet nothings anyway that don't really help you "know" a woman any more than what you find out from actually meeting her. Recs seem especially pointless to me when EVERY woman on a campus is told to get 1 or 2 to a chapter, as if she was checking off a list. What is the point of recs if they're a requirement and everyone has one? Recs are supposed to be for young women that are standouts, women that alumnae want to get special attention. Well, not every woman in recruitment can be given special attention...there's just no time for it. Not saying that recs are bad, just that once every woman has them anyway, they become insignificant.
On a large campus, the value of the photo is really high. You don't have a huge chance of meeting more than a couple sisters, so having a photo to put that name to is wonderful.

My campus doesn't allow photos to be taken during Recruitment any longer, but when I was there, there were a few sisters whose sole job was to get a photo of every PNM, so that we could put a name to a face. Now that you can't do it, having the photo with the rec is the next best thing.