View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided2404 View Post
I'm just worried cause there's still a real chance I could be in the other sorority that I didn't pick for bad reasons (I have a lot of friends in it) but if I go through initiation at the sorority I'm currently pledging and drop after I wouldn't be able to rush next year... I'm just worried if I stay already feeling unhappy and a year from now I feel the same and end up dropping then I'll be left with nothing. I guess my gut is telling me to drop but I feel paralyzed by the fear that dropping is a mistake and that I'll regret it.
You ultimately need to ask yourself why you're not happy in your current sorority. If it's because you're not "clicking" with other members, have you tried to reach out and hang out with them? Have you attended all events and attempted to connect? How many members are there in your chapter? If you're not in a smaller chapter (less than 30 members), I'd find it hard to believe that you can't connect with anyone.

Are you only looking to the other chapter as the answer because you already have friends there and it will be "easy" for you?

You don't have to be sorority sisters with your bffs.

You need to seriously weigh your options. Because if you drop and go through recruitment again, there's no guarantee that you'll get a bid to the other chapter.

@~/~~~~