View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 02:32 PM

I shared this story on GC a long time ago, but one of my best bonding moments was a road trip that I went on with three brothers to visit another chapter.

I was never a big drinker, and would rarely drink anything at all during parties and socials. On our first night there, the chapter had a party. A member of the other chapter started getting a little aggressive about me not drinking alcohol during the party. Two of my chapter brothers were close by and stepped in. They basically told the other member that I didn't drink, I didn't make a big deal out of it (wasn't judgmental on other guys drinking), and it was my choice and our chapter members respected and supported me. Simply: back off.

This was probably one of the first times that I really felt close to my brothers for letting me be me.

Funny enough, the next day (a Saturday), we were at a bar with a lot of the other chapter guys when a different chapter brother noticed I wasn't drinking and started saying something about it. The brother from the previous night (who had started bugging me about not drinking) stepped in this time and said "He doesn't drink. It's cool." Nice to get support from another brother in another chapter.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)