View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 08:08 PM

I love these types of stories! AKA_Monet, congrats on a great event and gorgeous pictures. Same goes to the Gamma Phis at Tyler, because if that isn't living your ideals I don't know what is.

As for me, I was hit by an drunk driver while I was in college. The driver was older and not a student. Luckily, I was only in the hospital for a week but spent the next few years recovering and going through various surgeries and so on. As soon as my sisters heard about the accident, they came in and decorated my hospital room with get well posters, AOII letters, and pandas and roses *everywhere*. In addition, a lot of my friends in other sororities came in and did the same, so my room was not only AOII but Panhellenically decorated!

Virtually my entire chapter came to the hospital on Sunday afternoon after Canoe Regatta (a big intramural thing at my school). My parents, who never really “got” the whole sorority thing, were so impressed to see such an outpouring of love and support from AOII. Same goes for the guy I was barely starting to date at the time (now my DH). Even 20+ years later my mom still comments about how the AOIIs supported me during that time.