View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

ok, update time since i just got back from panhellenic. our 6 sororities seem to be 3 and 3 for and against expansion, although we haven't had a formal vote and not everyone has gotten their (inter)national officer's opinions on it.

a lot of the groups that are hesitant are such because we just raised total last semester from 70 to 75. BUT, after formal recruitment this year there were women that went bidless, and the chapter sizes are between 80-100.

our greek advisor says she has a ton of women seeking her out both to start a new group and to join the current groups, and since we're all pretty well over total and most of us wouldnt be able to COB in the spring, now she's proposing that we raise total to 90 or 100, "get solid" and then have a group colonize after formal recruitment in the fall.

personally... i dont want total that high, because thats when i feel it starts to get impersonal. i have 80 sisters, and i can remember all their names and whatnot, but i've heard a lot of complaints that its just too big. i'd much rather we leave total where it is and still have a new group in fall. but whatev. im just one person among 500-600 women in the panhellenic community here.

"We are who we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut