View Single Post
Old 10-16-2000, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Lifesaver, when you say 'dropped the aumni advisor thing' do you mean dropped it in or dropped it out? I hope you mean in, I think that, depending on how you position it, could be a very positive think. Most interviewers do some sort of behavorial interviewing now. Behavioral interviewing basically says that past performance is indicative of future behavior. Make sure that you have a 'story' to tell about everything on your resume or everything that you say about your self. You are a leader huh? Well give me a concrete example of when you showed leadership capabilities. Are they looking for someone who is inovative and creative? What can you share with the interviewer about a time that you were innovative or creative? The best thing to do is take the ad or job discription and come up with examples for everything that they are looking for.

Have some great questions that will tell them that you know something about the company and you have something to contribute.

Get a friend to do a couple of mock interviews with you. If you really want to polish your presentation, video your self to see what little anoying habits you have that you don't recognize (i.e. tapping your foot, clicking a pen, playing with your hair, etc) that may be distracting to the interviewer.

Good luck....I'll take my coaching fee in cash please!! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif