View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Last I heard, the University of Michigan is being forced to move to deferred. It's causing great concern for filling the houses. I think that's the biggest driving force for fall recruitment is housing. Housing in college towns is typically difficult to find so students sign leases in October/November for the following academic year. That means with deferred recruitment, sophomores can't live in. You have to fill a house with Juniors because Seniors usually don't want to live in (for a variety of reasons- being at legal drinking age, having internships, fieldwork, student teaching, etc.)
Do most of the sophomores stay on campus or move off? Would the university be willing to work with the Greeks to let people out of their leases, since they are the ones forcing this change?

Or is the school purposely doing this to throw a monkey wrench into the sororities’ operations?

I also just want to state that I cannot imagine what a living hell my sophomore year would have been had I been forced to make housing decisions in October of my freshman year, because to say my situation changed DRAMATICALLY by that time is a major understatement.