View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I was incredibly antsy all day before philanthropy round started. My school stresses the importance of community service, so I like that the first round focused on that. I wore a wrap sweater over a button down and colored pants to make me stand out a little bit. My outfit was warm, but outside was bitter cold. There were patches of ice between houses and I could feel myself freezing while we stood outside houses to wait. Philanthropy round was a great night, despite the cold, and the houses all had something great to offer.

Hogwarts Express - I was a little nervous coming in; the girls were all so gorgeous and a little intimidating. Though their presentation was well put together, it didn't seem too genuine. While we were making the craft, I was explaining to the active what I wanted to do after college and she asked if that would make a lot of money. Yikes. So many PNMs were enthralled with them, but I wasn't sure.

Escape From Gringotts - I had felt that my conversations here during house tours were superficial, but tonight I loved them! They played a video from their national philanthropy that was amazing. I talked to so many different girls who were all super passionate about the sorority. They were definitely one of my top choices.

Minion Mayhem - Again, this sorority didn't impress me. Their philanthropy was personally a little hard for me to connect to. However, I was paired with better girls than during house tours. Though I knew they weren't for me, I respected that they were still growing and wasn't impolite.

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit - My experience here was good again! Their philanthropy video didn't do much for me personally, but I liked that their chapter worked directly in the community. When I went to talk to girls, however, I was paired with some awkward girls that I didn't really click with. I knew that this was a good sorority and I loved house tours here, but I wasn't sure.

E.T. Adventures - WOW. I was so impressed here. I finally met a girl from the same major as me and we ended up not even doing the craft; we compared professors and laughed about some of our experiences. It seemed like I met so many girls who were all different, but wonderful. I didn't want to leave!

Revenge of the Mummy - I had another great experience here! The first girl I talked to was a bit forward for my tastes, but then I was bumped to a girl who I have two classes with. We laughed about our professors and the dorm we both live in. However, I didn't really learn much about their philanthropy here. I know that they do volunteer, but the girl kind of just assumed that I knew already.

When it came time to rank, I was torn. I had loved Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit during house tours, but it was a little flat tonight. I thought I did well at Hogwarts Express but knew I probably couldn't see myself there. Hogwarts Express is a little more "popular" at my school, so I ranked (and immediately regretted):

E.T. Adventures
Escape From Gringotts
Revenge of the Mummy
Hogwarts Express
1. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
2. Minion Mayhem

That night, my girlfriend and I both waited anxiously - me for the next day's schedule and her for the start of her recruitment.