View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 02:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD View Post
And it’s sad…founded in 1929. This was Laura Bush’s Theta chapter. On the Theta website it lists the chapter as: “disestablished”….an interesting word choice, perhaps less harsh than CLOSED.
FYI: as long as I've been a member, Kappa Alpha Theta uses "disestablished" for chapters that are no longer open, regardless of reason(s). IDK if any other NPC organization uses this particular descriptor, and I'm disinclined to look as it's not interesting to me. Given the circumstances, "disestablished" is a preferable word choice to "closed", when you compare the definitions of both words. Semantics aside, the end result is that the chapter has ceased operations.

Honestly, I'm somewhat disturbed and even a little sad about Tri Sigma closing at Old Dominion (anyone can connect the dots if you're reading reddit, which has much more Greek Life activity than GC does).
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity