View Single Post
Old 12-14-2001, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, God. Thanks everyone for keeping my laughing when I was feeling aboslutely terrible from the flu!

This year, I had the wonderful opportunity ( ) to rush absolute pain-in the butts.

One girl was totally intent on becoming a Theta. At Rush, she was like, "OK, so, when I become a Theta, right, I will, like, have tons of chances to, like, *she giggles* rendezvous - as in sexual relations - with the SAEs and Pike, right? Those are total hotties. Yumm! I know that you guys do lots of stuff with them *she pushes me backwards b/c she's giggling so hilariously*." I am shocked. I tell her that we are good friends with the SAEs and Pikes, BUT that it is not an appropriate time or place to talk about our relations with them, ESPECIALLY because they are nothing but rumors. We are not sluts. Then she goes, "So...I am blonde, blue-eyed, gorgeous (UGHHH!! The nerve of her!), and rich. I'm perfect Theta material, right? I can't wait till initiation!" Then she goes on and on about how being a Theta will totally make her life perfect, blah blah blah blah. I tell her, "Honey, if I have anything to do with it, you will not be going Theta!" She turns beet-red and angrily yells, "DAMMIT! If my father has anything to do with it, he'll make sure I get into Theta!" Her outburst is so loud that everyone turns and points.

Turns out every sorority turned her down, b/c supposedly she kept on talking about Theta this, Theta that at every sorority's party. Plus, the others could tell she was a total psycho.

The next horrible rushee. Ugh. She was also adamant about becoming a Kappa Alpha Theta. At first, she seemed great, because I could tell that she was enthusiastic about all of Theta's ideals and philanthropy and sisterhood. But then, her enthusiasm turned into obsession. She wore to every rush party our colors (black and gold) and bought a kite pin and actually brought our flower (!!!!) with her every single day. She was like, "See, you guys should let me in, I already have all your stuff already!" We were a bit scared, if you know what I mean. And that's not the worst part. Next, she had the nerve to say, "You know what, I'm not scared if I get hazed by you guys. I hear that you guys circle your pledges' fat and make your pledges have sex with the frat guys. And that you make your pledges do everything for you, everything from homework to your chores. But you know what, I'm ready for it because I want to be a Kappa Alpha Theta!!!! I want to wear the letters! When do I get your sweatshirt? I wanna wear it! And, on Bid Day, I'll get Theta paraphernalia right? Pens and notepads to show everyone that I'm a Theta?" My blood was boiling by that point. My mouth was literally wide-open for like 20 seconds. My response was, "Firstly, WE DO NOT HAZE. Kappa Alpha Theta is too classy and too womanly to haze any of our members. Secondly, Kappa Alpha Theta would never, ever want a person like you to be a sister of our wonderful organization! Our organization is based on sisterly love, unlike what you think. Please do not dress in our colors anymore and bring our flower everywhere you go. You are not a Theta." I had to compose myself and ended up having a sister taking over, who also proceeded to have her blood boil by the rushee's comments!

Needless to say, she was cut immediately and every other sorority cut her because again, all she would talk about was Theta's colors/symbols/her intent on becoming a Theta, etc.

Ughh.

Luckily, our new sisters from this year's Rush are all AWESOME and represent Kappa Alpha Theta beautifully! I guess we have to deal with wackos to get quality girls!