View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 08:26 AM
GreekChat Member

So in my past story, I was told by my then rho gamma that I should have recs. Prior to this year's rush, I talked to my current rho gamma, my rho gamma friend, our director of campus student involvement, and multiple girls in other chapters. I was told that at my school, recs are not looked at unless it is a legacy. Seeing as I am not a legacy, the recs are useless.
My rho gamma friend told me that my previous rho gamma likely made the excuse to make me feel better after having a rough recruitment week. Remember that my school is not huge, we have a fairly relaxed greek system.
I'm going into recruitment with the philosophy that whatever happens, happens. I'm not "going" for a certain chapter and I'm not going out of my way to suck up to my sorority friends before recruitment. The biggest difference between me this year and me last year is that I now have established ties on campus. Last year, my recruitment fell late and I avoided joining other campus activities because I wanted to dedicate time to a sorority. As a result, most people on my campus didn't recognize me and thought I wasn't involved because I was holding out for recruitment.
I'm not worried about not having recs, but I guess we'll know if they make a difference soon enough!