View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Complete speculation here, but the presentations may be a sort of CYA in case Pi Phi decides at the end of their suspension/during recolonization attempts that they want to leave instead. I looked at their grade reports on the college website and unless I'm reading them wrong it seems like the pledge classes are really huge compared to number of sisters going into rush (i.e. 80 sisters and 69 pledges) but that just might have been due to one less sorority.
I just glanced at the grade report #'s you mentioned. F'13 was like you said, roughly 70-80 actives with roughly 60-70 pledges.

Based on how many bids were accepted F'13, if Pi Phi had been taking new sisters the pledge classes may have been ~50 with around 80 active members per house. Now bear with me, if Pi Phi had been involved in recruitment and there had been a 6th house during F'13 recruitment, there could have been ~42 new members per sorority which is approximately the size that the pledge classes were F'11 and F'12.

Obviously these are rough estimates and complete speculation, but I can see the university entertaining the idea of potentially: (1) CYA in case Pi Phi decides not to come back and the number of girls going through recruitment goes back down or (2) reinstating Pi Phi as well as adding a new house if the number of girls going through recruitment stays at around the level of F'13.

Of course I have absolutely no ties to the university and there isn't actually enough data from that grade report to predict whether the level of interest will stay at the higher level that was seen during F'13, but these are my two cents.
Loyal, forever, Alpha to thee