View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas City View Post
Frankly, I'm not sure that it necessarily meant anything.

I'm not going to attempt to guess the motives for a chapter I know nothing about at a school I do not know. If it is really bothering you, I'd ask one of your close friends in the sorority why you seem to be the only non-member showing up to these events.
I would NOT do this...asking somebody from a chapter why "I was the only non-member here" could be seriously awkward...maybe they invited 50 girls and she was the only one who showed up (obviously a little exaggerated)...in that type of scenario it would be a seriously rude question and even her closer friends in the chapter might reconsider giving her a bid.

BUT my biggest question is this: are you sure these were informal recruitment events? They very well may be. But, for example, women from my chapter will invite close friends to meals all the time simply because they want to hang out with their friends. Other sororities have things like ice-cream sundae events for the entire school. You could have been the only non-member at dinner simply because it was a random night for a friend to bring somebody to dinner. You could have been the only non-member at the ice cream social if your school's Greek community has a small impact and the event wasn't advertised well.

Did the sorority make quota? Are they at total? Are you even sure that these were meant to be events where they bid women? I am not attacking you or anything, just wondering.