View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
Recs and the form in which they are submitted have NOTHING to do with the school. The form used is completely dependent on the specific sorority. Some GLOs use on line submission, some still use hard copy. You use whatever your sorority prefers, not what the PNM thinks is needed!
I second this.

We just launched our online reference system this summer. This will be the way it's done for all of our chapters, moving forward. As the system rolled out after many recs will have been sent this year, there will be a mix of hard copies and online this year. As of now, though, the only way we can submit is online...there is no "form" available to print and mail.

I'm sure personal letters will still be sent, but we're calling this Gamma Phi Beta's "Reference Revolution."

This should make it easier for the chapters who are inundated with recs, but any transition brings some angst. Universities have done away with paper applications, for the most part. My prediction is every group will be online before long, but there will be confusion during this mixed-bag transition.