View Single Post
Old 05-28-2002, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Tara,

Just about every girl in every chapter is going to do her best to make you feel comfortable while you're visiting during Rush. So, yes, in a way the Elle's comment is correct (I haven't seen the movie, though, so I don't know what context the comment came in.) However, that doesn't mean that all of the sisters are just pretending to like you.

The sisters will be polite and pleasant even if a rushee is ill-mannered and rude to them -- if only because being rude to a rushee is just not done.

I'm sure when you go to the parties you'll be able to tell when someone is being "fake" and when someone genuinely is excited to speak with you. I was definitely able to tell who was putting on an act and who wasn't when I went through -- and that's why choosing DZ was so easy for me. The girls were genuine and it showed at every party. I fit in with them and I felt like I could be myself around them.

When you go through Rush, more than likely you'll experience that same sort of feeling between you and the girls at a particular house. It's hard to put into words, but I just knew that I belonged at DZ. Other girls on GC have stated that they just knew that they belonged at their GLO... It's difficult to explain what I mean, but I honestly think you'll recognize it when you see it -- and you may see it at several houses, not just one.

There may be 3 or 4 houses on your campus that you would fit in well with, so if you don't get your "top" choice, don't quit -- give the other houses a chance to impress you as well. Many times, a rushee will discover that she is a flexible person who can find her home in more than one place.