View Single Post
Old 06-09-2004, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Name 5 Famous People You Like to Lunch

Inspired by this thread.

With which 5 famous people, who are alive, would you like to do lunch?

Mine are:

Michael Bloomberg - He's the mayor of the city, a fellow Phi Psi, and one of America's great entrepreneurs.

Thomas Friedman - This 3 time Pulitzer winning New York Times columnist wrote what I was already thinking, after 9-11. He gets it, and is one of the few people who has always supported our war in Iraq, but never for WMD. He's not affraid to criticize the Bush administration, or praise them.

Jane Jacobs - Probably the most important urbanist of the 20th century. She was an activist who helped end the absurd visions of Robert Moses towards the end of his career. She also wrote the ground breaking book, The Death and Life of Great American Cities in 1961. The way every city is now developed has been imapcted by her writings.

Charlie Rose - The best interviewer on TV, bar none. I would love to hear his take on the world leaders, and leading thinkers that he regularly interviews.

Eli Weisel - This Nobel Peace Prize winning author is also a holocaust survivor. He is probably the greatest voice against genocide ever.

Last edited by PhiPsiRuss; 06-10-2004 at 12:11 PM.