View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGTess View Post
I hope you've all read Fraternity Man's posting on this.
I have and wholeheartedly disagree with the following:
Quote:
It’s not her behavior we are disgusted with, it’s the audacity she demonstrated to be racist in a public forum.
That’s crap. I dont want my organization moving backward, regardless if anyone knows!

And...this same chapter came under fire for their recruitment video which was lacking diversity even for Ala-freakin-Bama. They are not alone. Many, many AΦ chapters have been obviously recruiting a certain look (and yes, I’m aware that many, many other GLOs also do), but this needs to be a wake up call to Nationals. The measure of a woman is not the length of her hair or her dress size. And certainly not the number of overpriced fur vests in her closet.

If you recruit girls based on their # of followers, etc., you ARE going to get your name out there, but it’s going to turn around and bite you. I’m tired of seeing chapters/members that flood Instagram with trashy Kardashian-esque posts. I know there are wonderful, quality women in each chapter. But the over-sharing girls of Bama, Boulder, Arizona State, etc. make me cringe. But hey, what do I know. It’s obviously selling to the masses.