View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Another sister-side recruitment story

Hey all! So I decided to do a recruitment story from the "other side" =) It'll be my first time actually recruiting, and I'm not participating in all the rounds, but I hope to offer some insight into recruitment at a Northeastern "top tier" university.

So it's not hard to guess where I attend university. There are six sororities on campus:

- Alpha Chi Omega ("AXO")
- Alpha Epsilon Phi ("AEPhi")
- Alpha Phi ("APhi")
- Kappa Alpha Theta ("Theta")
- Pi Beta Phi ("Pi Phi")
- Sigma Kappa ("SK")

All of our recruitment parties happen in our student center, with the exception of Philanthropy Round. Our recruitment rounds go like this:

Sept. 4th - ROUND 1: Welcome Day. PNM's visit all six sororities.
Sept. 5th - ROUND 2: Philanthropy Day. PNM's visit the houses of all six sororities and do crafts for the sororities' respective philanthropies. Pi Beta Phi, which does not have a house yet, rents out a location in the city.
Sept. 6th - ROUND 3: Sisterhood Day. PNM's are invited back to a max of 4 sororities.
Sept. 7th - ROUND 4: Preference. PNM's are invited back to a max of 2 pref rounds. This consists of 45 minutes of conversation and our pref ritual.
Sept. 7th - BID NIGHT. Yes, this is the same day as pref. It's also the day before school starts =) Bid night happens at the student center; all the PNM's get their invites from their Pi Rho Chi and then run to their respective rooms. After that's done + some celebration, all the sororities gather in a large dining room and reveals happen.

So today is Round 1: Welcome Day. We have a Greek Griller happening in... 20 minutes. Only a certain number of sisters are allowed to be there, but I also happen to be recruiting for Alpha Kappa Psi, so I will be repping that organization instead. The first-round parties start this afternoon.
ΦΒ To be rather than to seem to be.

Last edited by Miriverite; 09-06-2010 at 11:13 PM.