View Single Post
Old 07-27-2001, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I was rather not looking forward to I-week myself.

BrianMUDU, a lot of pledges do not look towards their last week as pledge. There are a lot of responsibilities to finish up, especially when you have a paddle, art project, diary, big brother gift, score minimum, and pledge fee all due at the same time as school projects, work, social events, relationships, and family. You think it's easy? Hell no!

If there is hazing going on within a fraternity, there's enough legislature out there to protect those pledges, because greek organizations ought to be scared off their butts for allegations of hazing.

We accidentally did do a measure of hazing to one pledge class a while back -- we had an inexperienced ritual leader being led by a malicious pledge educator. Shaving cream got in their eyes and mouth one night, and women's makeup got in the same way another night. All because the educator had quite a lot of control over the ritual person and that position was considered secret even to all fraternity brothers. Stupid Stupid Stuuupid!

Anyways, back on topic... both guys and girls do haze, but I've seen more physical be the guy's domain, and definitely emotional hazing be the girl's aspect.

-MK