View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlalum View Post
Back in my day and on my campus, there were no bid opening ceremonies. You went to your pref parties (we had a max of 2), and then the next day, you waited in your dorm room. You could see and hear the chapters going throughout the campus and dorms to "pick up" their new pledges. Then, you'd hear a knock on your door (all was quiet in the hallway), and open it up to see your new sisters standing outside of your door, singing and cheering when you opened your door. Your new sorority handed you your bid card to join them.

Ironically, my roommate and I had the same 2 prefs, but ranked them differently. Her sorority came first to our door, and acted sad that they didn't have a bid card to give me. When they left with my roommate, I was so excited, knowing that my number one was on their way to pick me up! But, I would have been happy to go with my roommate too. When it's all said and done, it worked out perfectly for both of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukemama View Post
Same here, but I would have definitely preferred that my school had a bid opening ceremony at a central location. It was torture for me to see my freshman year roommate get welcomed by her new sisters at our dorm room after I was cut from every chapter after the 2nd round. Then again, I suppose I should have had the foresight to get out of dodge and hide in the library that morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
I would have been such a mess if they had come to the dorm as my three best friends (including my roommate) who lived on my floor of 20 women all received a bid to the sorority I SIP and did not receive a bid from.
This is why they CALL (or in these days, email or text) women who did not get a bid WELL IN ADVANCE of any NM picking-up starting. At my school, if you did not get a bid, you were informed by 3 PM. Pickup didn't start until 6 PM. If you wanted to stay in the dorm and wallow and watch everyone else get picked up, that was your own fault.