View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post

Do these women then attempt to transfer BACK to their old school and affiliate with that chapter once they get a bid?

I've heard of that happening.

Like, Suzie gets released from ABC at Bama, so she transfers to Auburn, gets a bid to ABC, then transfers BACK to Bama and becomes a Bama ABC.

Or Suzie gets cut from ABC at Bama, so she transfers to Smaller Alabama University, pledges ABC and returns.

It depends. My neighbor freshman year in the dorm was from Dallas. She didn't have the best grades so she didn't get into Texas. She knew even if she did get into Texas she wouldn't have gotten her first choice there. So she came to Ole Miss got her grades up and pledged her first choice at Ole Miss which happens to be a very competitive chapter at Texas. Her sophomore year she transferred. I don't know if she ever affiliated or not.

I know of a girl who pledged AOII with me. She dropped out before initiation. She transferred to State her sophomore year. She pledged her “first choice” down at State and then transferred back to Ole Miss to affiliate with the group who had initially released her. Because this particular group has so many transfers trying to affiliate already she was not able to affiliate and she ended up receiving alumna status. So all of her hopping around really ended up adding nothing to her collegiate sorority experience.

It totally happens at all levels. Do I agree, not really. But if that's how someone wants to be happy in life, go for it.