View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

THankfully my caterer doesn't charge a corkage fee just a flat liquor liability fee- and our reception location allows us to bring our own alcohol in. If you go to most large liquor retailers and tell them how many people you are having and what types of drinkers they are they most likely can give you a good estimate of how much of what you need. I am using Liquor Barn (a chain) and we are doing it on consignment so anything we don't use we can return for credit. Not exactly our money back, but better than a kick in the teeth.

As for wedding budgets- we blew through ours so much quicker than I thought we would. $2k for a good photographer, $8k for the caterer (maybe $9k if everyone comes) then there is the dress, the hair, the veil, flowers, the church, the reception hall, linens, china, silverware, glasses, decorations, DJ/Band..... etc. etc. etc. It seems like it never ends! And everytime you turn around it is another deposit or $1k so annoying!

Good luck! Thankfully I am in the home stretch. We are ordering the invitations this weekend and all that is left is to go rent the chair covers (our location has hideous chairs!).

Facebook