View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for this thread! I was not aware of this show until I saw it posted here. Thanks, too, to Honeychile for the great source for genealogical books and CD.

My maternal grandmother has the "glamorous" branch of my family tree, going back to Charlemagne and the Plantagenet kings through Edward III. Then down through three of his sons, including John of Gaunt who eventually married his mistress of many years, my much removed grandparents. What was fascinating to me is the number of lines I have going back to legitimate royals and nobles and their wives AND their mistresses as well! AND their mistresses and their legitimate husbands! Mind-boggling. Genealogists estimate that about 20% of England's current population descend from the prolific Edward III.

My maternal grandfather's Swedish ancestry was traced back by a genealogist in Sweden to 1632. Unlike his wife's ancestors, his were all sturdy farmers.

My father's side is where I have my brick walls. Have not been able to trace either his maternal or paternal ancestors before the gateway ancestors. Except for some of the Quaker wives who go back into England a good many generations.

Honeychile, I also have (de) Bohuns in my ancestors!

Chi Omega