View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
We had wooden crowns that we had to have signed by each initiated member. In order to get the signature, it forced the pledges to meet with the "actives" as we called them, and really have a conversation with them. Our big sisters would take them crown away at a specific deadline and would decorate the front of the crown as an initiation gift for us. Unfortunately, that is considered hazing now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokat View Post
Back in my day, PKT4Life, we did the same thing with the notebook and the interviews. Unfortunately that is now hazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
My local did a similar thing with notebooks. I can't disclose the specifics, but each pledge was required to speak with each active (e.g. over coffee) to complete the notebook.
FSUZeta, since you mentioned this on a public chat board I'll ask you my question here: Is the old ZTA wooden crown tradition you mention the important From Home Item that Jenna the ZTA had burn in the fire near the end of Jenna's winning Survivor: Brazil tv season?

Since this thread has been hijacked by back-in-the-day traditions, I'll augment shadokat and aephi alum and mention that fraternity brothers would often look to "borrow" decorated sorority sister signature books and require a sorority house (or the woman whose book was taken) to perform skits/songs/chores to have the books returned by the thief. Sometimes the thief would re-decorate the books in a silly fashion, too.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.