View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

THON goes to CMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTamer View Post
10.6 million? 10.6 million? Did I read that right? Wow!!!!

And my girls (along with the Lamba Chis) raised a QUARTER MILLION DOLLARS? Really? One sorority and one fraternity raised a QUARTER MILLION DOLLARS? Wow! That's just jaw-dropping. When I was in college, the whole event hadn't broken the $100K mark, and now individual greek pairs are doing that all the time. Props to Zeta, GPhiB, AOPi, and AChiO as well!

Although I can just hear all the women at nationals HQs all over the country, talking to their Penn State actives: "well, that's very nice, girls, but what about [insert name of sorority's national charity]? You know, the girls at the University of Illinois chapter raised $5,000 for [name of sorority's national charity]"

That's where Phi Mu gets lucky! Because the Hershey Medical Center is a Children's Miracle Network Hospital (CMNH) and the THON money goes to that CMNH, it counts as being raised for the national philanthropy! I think that it is jaw-dropping and I am so proud to be a Penn Stater and a member of a Greek organization! Let's hear it for PENN STATE!!!!