View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

The fraternity side of this site frequently gets similar questions. The women on here know their stuff. So take what they say very seriously.

Your original post did a pretty good job analyzing yourself and pointing out your weaknesses. Hope the following helps.

"competitive dancer" ----- I don't really know what a competitive dancer is, but the word competitive stands out. Think about just how competitive you were. Did you have a reputation? Did you compete against women who were members of the sororities in which you are being considered? Just a thought.

"there were some girls from a certain sorority (one that was one of the two I was dropped from before Pref Night) that came through every night and always had to make a scene, calling out things I did wrong (even if I didn’t) and generally just trying to get me in trouble a lot. I know this doesn’t speak for the others in the sorority" ------ I'd suggest putting this sorority low on your list.

"I suppose it could come across as fake even though it’s not." - Importatnt point. (I'll address below.)

"* * *not totally sure how to pair jewelry and shorts, skirts, or pants with them." ------- Great advice above. Easy to fix.

"Another could be that I didn’t have any rec letters. " -------- You fixed.

"I’m average, so if that is the issue, then I’ll probably be released again." ---------- (See below) Really, when you get right down to it, everyone is average in something.

"I suppose it could come across as fake even though it’s not." -------

Many people have this problem. You are fortunate that you (unlike most) know it. "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie has been recommended to fraternity rushees on this site multiple times. You can get it used on Amazon for $3.37. (You likely can find a free, detailed synopsis if you look.) Your parents likely already have the book. And you have plenty of time to practice the principles laid out in the book. At a minimum, it (and the multitude of Carnegie's follow on books) is sure to get you more tips.

Good luck.