View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 03:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Do a lot of reading here about colonies and expansions. There are a LOT of threads. It's the one place where a colony at Alabama and one at teensy weensy college will work almost exactly the same, except for variations in scale of course.

As you consider the colony, you need to think about your leadership potential and capability. Being a colony member comes with its own rewards, but I think they have to work quite a bit harder for those extra personal rewards. If you consider yourself a true follower, then you probably are not a good candidate for a colony. If you don't KNOW if you are a leader or a follower, you should be finding that out now.

There are a lot of colonies scheduled for next year, so I don't know if yours has been discussed at length here, but I'd look because you might get some great information without having to share too much of your story. Also, the colonies typically have a facebook page. I'd find it and Like them. That doesn't commit you to anything, but it does put you on their radar. DON'T overshare on that page, and from the moment you Like them, make sure your Facebook page is sorority rush-ready. You don't have to be committed to that school already to Like them. I have Liked every colony facebook page my sorority has posted and needless to say, I'm not rushing!