View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Day 3

Again, no phone call, which made me happy to get asked back for Philanthropy Day!

I got my list, which had 2 houses on it.

Africa and Europe.

Alright, I felt very comfortable and my heart was happy at those houses, so I was very relieved. I wasn’t all that upset the Asia decided to let me go, since I remembered the conversation from the day before.

My day started out with Europe again. While I really enjoyed my time there the past two days, I kind of felt my love of them slip during my time there for this round. It wasn’t necessarily something that was said or done, I just kind of got the feeling that I would feel like something was missing if I became a sister of Europe. However, they are very dedicated to their philanthropy, which is a cause that is very very close to my heart. Their craft was difficult for me to complete and make look good, but that was okay since the member I was talking to joked about it with me. I still loved the personality of these girls and I could be silly and comfortable there, but I couldn’t shake that gut feeling that something wasn’t right. Still, I left feeling good and ready for my next party.

Africa was a so much fun, I loved it there that round. The craft was simple but unique and made complete sense for their philanthropy. I didn’t know much about their philanthropy going into the round, but the more I learned about it, the more I wanted to be apart of helping their cause. I was also paired with one of the girls I talked to on the first day of recruitment and it was great catching up with her. We talked about some deeper subjects, like what values are important to me and what I wanted to feel like when I was in a house. I then talked to another active member who I absolutely loved and could see as being what I would want in a big sister/mentor. That struck me as strange that I was feeling this strongly about the girls in this house, but I was finally beginning to get that feeling that some people I knew who went greek already talked about. The magical feeling of “this is where I belong.” My heart felt very at home here and I definitely felt like I could open up and talk about anything there. I left feeling surreal. I wanted to be an Africa so so bad.

So, here comes the weird part of my story. I went through recruitment in January 2014, which was the year that the Midwest was hit with over a foot of snow and probably about two inches of ice and sleet. With travel being delayed so much because of all of that mess, recruitment was shortened to three days instead of four. A usual recruitment at my school goes 8-Party Day, Philanthropy Day, Skit Day, Pref Day and then Bid Day. With the delay though, the week went 8-Party Day, Skit Day, Phil Day and Pref NIGHT and then Bid Day.

TL;DR I had to rank my houses right after I was done in Africa so I could get a list (or no list, eek!) of houses for Pref Night that night.

SO my ranks obviously were:
Africa
Europe

I then went back to my room to shower and prepare for Pref Night!

Last edited by queenofindiana; 12-01-2015 at 11:27 PM.