View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 09:11 AM

Here's what your son needs to understand about the "underground" fraternity: if he is initiated into the group, he is not a member of that inter/national organization.

He can walk around saying "I'm a member of Omega Chi Delta" all he wants; but he is not a member. Their national organization does not and will not recognize him as being a member. In fact, depending on the organization, if they have enough evidence the organization can bring a lawsuit against him and the other "members" for misrepresenting themselves as members, using their symbols, etc.

The above might sound harsh or that I'm exaggerating, but I have seen this happen in my own organization and with others. Tell him to avoid the underground groups like the plague.

He also needs to know that the underground groups can not participate in Homecoming, any Greek week events, and mixers/pairs with sororities (I believe). Having less rules and (probably) paying less dues sounds fun, but it comes with restrictions.

Good luck to him. Let us know how it works out.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)