Thread: Taking a break.
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2001, 10:30 PM
Unregistered-

Hey gang,

Another update on my drama...

First of all, thank you Lynn for the beautiful card. You don't know how happy I was when I got it in the mail. You truly live the meaning of *ALOHA*.

After a long night of partying Friday night, Brady found himself on the balcony of a Waikiki hotel room Saturday morning because his friend decided to "get lucky" with some random tourist from Indiana. Being a good friend he left the couple alone and slept on the balcony. Hung over and not having enough cash to catch a cab or the info to catch a bus home, he calls me for a ride home. Of course I flat out refused, and he really felt bad for calling me, but I felt sorry for him and Dustin and agreed to go and get him (even though I was hurting after my share of partying). Plus, it was a great opportunity to get my shoes from his house. Things are cordial, we didn't talk about our relationship, and we agreed to get together to talk soon. I didn't know that soon meant SOON!

So Sunday comes along and I am again hurting from Saturday night. I get a phone call asking me if I want to come over and talk. Naturally I'm scared because I don't know what's going to happen, but because I'm missing him so much I agree to come over. We spent all of Sunday talking, and I learned that he does still care about me and he doesn't want "us" to end, but he needs some time apart, at least until the anger and frustration simmers down. He told me that he's finally going to take some "Brady" time now that his leave's over, and so hopefully that'll help. There was so much tension between us, the kind where you just want to run to each other and hold each other and not let go, but we both felt that it was smart to still keep that distance for a while. I left his house Sunday evening on good terms with him, and we agreed again that we would get together again soon.

It's still hard to wake up in the morning, and I still have a hard time eating, but at least we're making the effort to get along again, and hopefully get back together again...in due time.

Tonight is our Scholarship Banquet and it's being sponsored by our alumnae because WE GOT PI! I can't wait to see my sisters again. Tomorrow night they're having a special Sandy movie night at a sister's apartment because they felt that I needed to have fun again. How's that for sisterhood?

Thank you all again for being so supportive and reading my posts! If you can't tell, I definitely love being an Alpha Gam.

Loyally in EP,
Sandy
Delta Sigma