View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

This thread went off in another direction! hahaha

In between the conversations about tiers and how to move on from them, I think we learned some girls found homes and some didn't. I hope the girls who did accept bids grow to love their chapters and sisterhoods, and those who did not give COB a chance or another avenue to make this large school smaller for them.

My D is enjoying getting to know her new sisters and learning about her chapter...and of course ordering lots of apparel! She says the official number in her pledge class is 62. They are the largest pledge class yet for this chapter, and they don't have one of the huge houses there on campus. She also said everyone seemed happy to be there, which is a great feeling.

She hasn't said much about tiers or the "tier system", but did say that during rush, most of the girls she knew were desiring what would be considered mid-level chapters. The so called "top chapters" fight amongst themselves as to who is top, and the so called "bottom chapters" argue who is bottom and why, endlessly. People always tearing down the top and bottom, and the middle chapters seem to enjoy themselves and sail along relatively free of that. I would hope this ranking and tier talk will eventually fade out at IU, but it sounds like people have been carrying on about it for years, and social media has only made it worse.

Anyways, thank you for all the good advice and information and insight along this journey.