View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
Oh my, where does one store 1000+ stress balls during recruitment?

I don't think a craft is the answer. I understand wanting the PNMs to do more than watch another video or listen to someone talk about a philanthropy, but some of the philanthropies don't really translate easily into a craft.
I can imagine the sisters USING 1000+ stress balls during recruitment...!

I'm glad philanthropy round didn't exist in my day. While I like the idea of telling PNMs, say, "AEPhi supports the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation and Sharsheret, which supports Jewish women with breast cancer, and every year our chapter invites several local improv troupes to perform and the money raised from the event is sent to these two philanthropies" - I can't imagine trying to have a conversation and do a craft at the same time (and I'm pretty good at several types of crafts and great at multitasking). Plus, as you said, what kind of craft relates to pediatric AIDS and breast cancer? Maybe something to give to the kids with AIDS? What does the AEPhi chapter at IU do? (My own chapter doesn't participate in FR, so they don't do a "philanthropy round".)