View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen0830 View Post
Hi,
I just wanted to update you all that a friend of mine, who is a writer from LA, and who is a native Texan, just finished recruitment coverage. Fortunately, she is pro-Greek and was at UT to cover recruitment for the entire period.
She is an alumna of an NPC group, was Jr. Panhellenic President and Panhellenic President in college. She was also tapped into Rho Lambda (Panhellenic Honorary) and Order of Omega. She was also voted outstanding Greek woman her senior year.
Unfortunately, she didn't receive any communication from Panhellenic for any statistical information after repeated requests. She also received a note from the Greek Life coordinator stating she would not help her either. She even had the police called on her when observing a sorority from a sidewalk, and not obstructing anyone or even speaking to anyone. The police told the girls that she has every right to be on a public sidewalk. This entire treatment of her was quite surprising, considering her credentials, and offer to work with Panhelllenic and the Greek Life office.
She covered all 8 days of recruitment and is completing her article, in part to check out the current state of affairs with the sororities. She will address the 'Big 5'. Rumor is one group has fallen from the 'elite' at this point. I find her to be very fair, and think this will be an entertaining, educational and informative story. I look forward to it. I think it will probably be in a magazine or Huffington Post as a story in a series format.

Bumping just to see if anyone knows if "Jen" actually wrote this article? Also, I wanted to bump it for any PNM's going through recruitment in 2013. There is some invaluable info in this thread, most notably a post written by Pineapple!