View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrphimu View Post
As an active, I'm sure I don't really see the full spectrum of this. Yes, when and if I have a daughter and when and if she decides to rush, I would be upset if Phi Mu cut her. However, just because a PNM is a legacy doesn't mean she has the correct personality for the respective chapter. I've seen legacies come through and their older sister/mother/aunt was a WONDERFUL attribute to the chapter, however the PNM really would be better suited in a different chapter on our campus. That being said, we may not release these girls, but if a legacy does get cut, it's silly for her mother to cut ties completely or be upset with the chapter...it's looking out for the best interest of her daughter.

As one of my Pi Chis (that's what we call Rho Chis) said, "Who really knows which chapter is best suited for you? Your mother, your best friend, or the chapter?"
I think that, with time as an alumna, you get a slightly different perspective too though. I was part of my collegiate chapter for 4 years but I've been part of Alpha Gamma Delta for 23 years now. Most of the sisters that I am friends with now are NOT from my chapter of initiation. I have become quite fond of sisters from all over the country and see the Fraternity as a whole in a different light.