Thread: Standards Help
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Robbins88 View Post
I am the standards chair and have been having more problems then there is time. We have rules and policies, but when trying to enforce them girls get mad and have begun to say that I have turned into a evil dicating bad names.

I am not sure what to do. I have tried to plan fun sisterhood events, but no one comes to them. My sisters have started to not talk to me. And I have been told that I need to stop enrforcing the rules, even though I have only had to say something twice.

I just don't know what to do. I would really love it if some one, any one could help me.
Unfortunately, being in a standards position is never jolly fun. People aren't going to be happy with what you have to say. What I would suggest is reminding people of WHY it is important to follow certain rules. Following proper dress code, for instance does a number of things like:
  • Making sorority members look polished on their way to a meeting
  • Encouraging professionalism during the meeting (when you look professional, you feel professional)
  • Preparing the women for their future job interviews and careers
You have to come up with your own reasons, because if there really isn't a good reason to keep doing it, why continue?

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.

Last edited by preciousjeni; 02-10-2009 at 11:53 AM.