View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 06:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_gwyn View Post
@ari115

The OP is talking in general terms...there are always exceptions to the rule. Also, the perception of what is top tier is different for each campus. Besides, since you are not a part of membership selection you don't know what all of their criteria to receive a bid to that sorority. Each sorority on each campus has a different round when they make GPA cuts.

Also, your GPA most likely will be different when you go through recruitment than when you graduate. 2 completely different animals. You are a prime example of this, you are having an inferiority complex about your current GPA and worried about when you go through recruitment that you will not even be considered for your school's top tier chapter because of it. Well do something about it...again, which I believe you may be doing, by doing better in your classes to increase your GPA. [Of course, you could also be doing a would've, could've, should've for an unsuccessful recruitment in the past, or got released from that top tier chapter.]

Reality check: all they see is a number (for GPAs), not the story behind the number. But also remember that is just one aspect that the chapter is looking at when recruiting new members.

I don't care about being in a top tier sorority. I was simply stating that girls can still get into those chapters without having an outstanding GPA, even though they are supposedly "harder" to get into. I also know every campus is different as far as top/mid/bottom tier sororities.

@Sororitysock I am in a sorority actually.

Good grades, community service, a good personality, beauty, rec letters, etc, all contribute to a girl getting a bid. I understand. But this topic is on GPA so that's what I was talking about.