View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks Carnation! This is exactly what I am concerned about. I want her to have the best experience possible. She told me that during rush, some of the girls dropped out when they found out that hers was their only pref party. She thought it was silly, because everyone had been very nice to her and she really "clicked" with several of the members. ( She really liked the fact that they seemed very serious about school.) Their numbers aren't nearly as bad as the chapter you described, but they are one of the smaller ones on campus. DG Tess, I sincerely apologize for any perceived slight on my part. I'm not sure where you are located, or where you are from, but I promise you that there are strong traditions that are still adhered to in small, southern cities and towns. We laugh at ourselves in books like "The Southern Belle Primer, or Why Princess Margaret Will Never Be a Kappa Kappa Gamma", but a lot of these things still ring true, especially with some of the older members of our community. It is very much a cultural thing, and I didn't mean it as an insult.