View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee_ess View Post
Second, my experience with actives (as a rush advisor) is positive regarding their use of recs. My chapter makes them readily accessible during work week and encourages the girls to study, read, and utilize the information found in the recs. The recs are an extension of the work week activities and prep. IMO, chapters who do not make recs an integral part of work week are missing out on a key part of the recruitment process.
I do see the utility in actives knowing information about the girls coming through -- activities, interests, grades, etc (this was probably easier back in the bad ol' days when the recruitment numbers were lower and the recs far fewer). This helps chapters rush more effectively, and the objective info (like grades and activities) can help make decisions between invites and necessary releases (especially in huge recruitments where there are a lot of girls and little time to chat).

But I'm wondering -- is the info the actives are interested in the objective info instead of the box Mildred A. Lum checked on *how long have you known the PNM,* or *has good moral character,* for instance?

If so, could the same be accomplished via the info submitted by PNMs during online recruitment registration?

Not to be peppering you with questions -- just sort of devil's advocating our status quo.

Last edited by Hartofsec; 02-17-2013 at 09:44 PM.