View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I have two neighbors who are GMU graduates, and were members of different NPC chapters. I chatted with one of my neighbors (over a glass of wine!) last night, and she confirmed that participants in Mason Life have been deemed eligible to participate in recruitment and join Greek chapters. The university announced that back in 2017, so it has been in effect for the past two rounds of formal recruitment. It's a different issue if the nationals of a GMU chapter won't allow them to extend a bid to a PNM who isn't in a degree program. FWIW, my neighbor told me that, according to several alums of her chapter, AC was invited to pref at two GMU chapters on Sunday; they were apparently not among her top-choice chapters, so she declined the invitations.

But I don't think we'll ever learn what really happened unless or until GMU Panhellenic provides more specific facts. Panhellenic Council's typically won't discuss the details of formal recruitment due to privacy concerns, both for PNM's and chapters. But if the rumors about a possible lawsuit are true, details might end up being revealed during the legal process.