View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

I am a firm believer in telling the truth.

And you posted that your name is **** in your intro thread. Whether or not that is your real name doesn't matter. Trust me - someone will, in a few clicks, be able to figure out where you're rushing; if you've not been honest, that will not end well for you. AAMOF I'd edit the hell out of what I've written here on GC already.

Now here's the thing: you don't have to spill your guts. You withdrew from rush due to unexpected reasons/circumstances which did not permit you to continue. Right?

That's hair-splitting. Of course. It's the truth though. You didn't expect to get dropped (no one does, everyone is special and doesn't see themselves as fitting in anywhere other than the TOP chapters) and it rattled you to the point that you couldn't go on. We understand. We see that all the time. So, problem solved. You do not elaborate on the unexpected reasons/circumstances other than to say how disappointed you were (because - duh - you were, you dropped out of rush as a result) and that you are hopeful that you will be able to find a home at your new school.

Got it?

Good luck. Totally mean that, sincerely. I hope you will find what we have found. It's for a lifetime. It really truly is. You make it that way. I am grateful for meaningful friendships with like-minded women of all letters, all over the world. I count FSUZeta and Titchou in that group. Waiting to hear in this thread from honeychile and carnation and 33girl and swtxbelle (I could go on and on) and the rest of the usual suspects. We are vastly different. But in one regard we are all the same; and there's no easy way to explain it. Once you experience it, you'll get it.

Oh and check out my signature. Words of wisdom, indeed, from another newer friend here.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity