View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
When my aunt past away very suddenly earlier this year (well later 2006) I was in a state of shock. I was home taking off time from school recovering from multiple surgeries.

I text messaged two of my sisters, not wanting to wake them up at 4 AM. When they saw it, after calling me they called every sister and my phone was non-stop with calls from sisters, some that I haven't seen or spoke to in months, if not a year or two. One of them was at the funeral (held the same day) the other one was planning on taking off of work but I couldn't get her a ride. They were all at my house that night, and many of them came back throughout the week (in a Jewish family, there is a week of remembering the dead) and even after that week, they were there anytime I needed it, all of them.

My birthday was three weeks later and I was planning on sitting home alone but they dragged me out reminding me it was what she would have wanted..and I know they were right.

Patriae Multae Spes Una