Thread: Fraternity Life
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2003, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chideltjen
I don't wanna start a riot or have links to other threads thrown at me...

maybe i just missed something on this episode.

SO mike supposedly gets initiated to another GLO, transfers to a school without a chapter and DAs from the prior group to join a local... what's the big deal???? I understand, yes he lied and whatnot and that can be grounds for depledging, however, it just seemed really blown outta proportion... esp with that alumni dude.
We have girls that DAed from other groups... we couldn't be happier to have them.

Did i miss a key point or something?
I think different locals conduct things differently. Some will take someone who is a disaffiliated member of another group, some will not. I also think if at the time they were filming, they were still looking at Sigma Chi affiliation that might have something to do with it. If it ended up they had a guy in who was a former TKE, for instance, he probably couldn't affiliate w/ Sigma Chi.

But at any rate - the fact that this guy lied to an alum to get a bid is more than grounds to kick his ass out, IMO.

Oh, and I don't know if this is bugging anyone else, but the commercials where they say "Frat Life" are like nails on a chalkboard. I guess they'll start advertising "Sore Life" soon. grrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited by 33girl; 03-06-2003 at 10:13 AM.